Islamabad has several horse riding clubs besides the famous one at Islamabad Club
PRO TIP 1
Riding season is usually in the winters only.
Military Riding Clubs
Most of the riding clubs are with the military, like
- College of EME (CEME) riding Club, Golra Mor, Rawalpindi Phone +923139965656
- Pakistan Navy Riding Club, E-8 Islamabad
- Pakistan Army Riding Club, Race Course Ground
- Pakistan Air Force Riding Club, Race Course Ground, Rawalpindi
- President’s Body Guards Riding Club, Race Course Ground.
The military riding clubs are open to civilians but you have to have connections in the military to get your pass besides paying money
Military Horse Riding Club Charges
Charges for all military riding clubs are around Rs 5000 for the complete season or Rs 1000 for every ride.
Horse Riding Clubs for everyone
The riding Clubs are open to civilian people, on payment
- Islamabad Police Horse Riding Club Phone 03335169205 / 03334052648
- Horse Riding Club of Islamabad Club 051-8435652 or 051-8435650
- Bahria Riding Club, Phase 4, Islamabad Phone +923317791212
- Margalla Horse Riding Club Islamabad, E-11/3 Phone 03005160203
- Bahria Golf City Family Horse Riding Phone 051-111000442
- Now, I will tell you how to get there.
Civilian Riding Clubs Charges
One hour’s ride on horseback usually costs around Rs 3500 per person.
Horse Riding Clubs near me
Those interested in knowing about horse riding near me, register in any of these horse clubs below. They also offer riding lessons.
Horse Riding Club Bahria Town, Phase 4, Rawalpindi
located at main paradise road, Bahria town phase 4, Islamabad. Phone 03315001212
Pakistan Navy Riding Club, E-8 Sector Islamabad
Navy riding club, E-8 Islamabad located here:-
Islamabad Riding Club
Islamabad riding club is located close to Islamabad Club on Murree road.
You do not have to be a member to ride here, but the charges are very high.
They charge Rs 5000 for every ride
This is the Google maps route of the Islamabad Riding club
Islamabad Club Membership Fee
If you get lucky, and Islamabad Club accepts your application for membership with your strong reference then the Club Charges
- Rs 1.5 Million (15 lakh) from private individuals and
Rs 0.3 Million (3 lakh) from Government officers
When you get a membership of Islamabad club, then you can horse ride there very cheap.
Racecourse Ground, Mall Road Rawalpindi
This is the google maps route of Riding Club racecourse ground, Rawalpindi
EME College (CEME) Riding Club, Rawalpindi
If you can get into the EME college on Peshawar Road, this club is very well organized.
This is me in case you are wondering – not the horse, but the guy on top.
Instructions for every riding Club in Islamabad
- Start off with daily payments for the day’s ride (100-500 rupees per ride)
- Get a riding kit on rent from the club
- After 30 days of regular riding (at least three days per week), go for membership (Rs 3000-10,000)
- Buy your own kit (helmet, boots, shin pads, whip). Sunday Bazaar has all this stuff available for Rs 5000 max.
- Enjoy it
- It takes at least one month for a beginner to gain balance. Don’t fret and enjoy the freedom riding gives.
- There are several horse riding clubs in Lahore and horse riding clubs in Karachi, but I update these clubs later.
- Horse riding equipment like horse riding gloves and shoes can be purchased or gotten made at the club.
- Ask the instructors, they will guide you. otherwise, you can get horse riding pants, horse riding boots from Saddar Rawalpindi.
- Riding in Urdu is Ghor Swaari
Muscles are used during horse-riding
Riding strengthens the back, glutes, thighs, and shin bone.
Horseback riding improves muscle control, strength, and coordination by maintaining posture.
Riding strengthens core muscles (not only abdominal but everything besides arms and legs).
Benefits of Horse Riding
Positive Character Traits
Learning all about horse health and how to make it obey, involves a lot of time and tact.
- self-control, and
Riding is now considered moderate-intensity exercise (Ref British Horse Society (BHS) 2011 study).
To maximize physical and psychological benefits, riding must be done for at least half an hour or more, three times per week.
To make a 1,000-pound animal go the direction that the rider has chosen in a humane and safe way, requires intelligence and understanding.
The study completed by the BHS concluded that horseback riding stimulated mainly positive psychological feelings like
- “quite a lot” or
- “extremely cheerful,
- happy, or
Learning to ride develops confidence and self-esteem.
Horses are social creatures just like humans.
Being able to communicate and interact with an animal has already been shown to have a positive effect on people.
It’s a wonderful opportunity to interact with like-minded people.
- show jumping,
- tent pegging
are all very high voltage competitions that encourage competitive spirit
Return to Nature
Eighty percent of respondents in BHS (British Horse Society) ranked
- “contact with nature” and
- “scenery and views”
as extremely important for happiness.
Riding is Fun
It’s just plain fun.
- movement, and
- makes amazing feats of athleticism possible.
And there is a total thrill with galloping across an open field, in tune with your mount.
Other adventurous activities in Islamabad
Apart from riding, there are many healthy activities like hiking you can indulge in.