Depression is an illness of the mind and is a sort of disability.
What is Depression?
Therefore, Depression is defined as the mental state where you feel helpless, un-empowered, unprotected and not in control. This may not be what the reality is at that time.
What is the meaning of Depressed in Urdu?
Being Depressed means under “Zehni Dubao (mental pressure)” ذہنی دباؤ. What that means that the conscious mind cannot decipher how to respond to external and internal stimuli. The mind feels something is wrong, but cannot offer a solution.
What Triggers a Depression Bout?
Depression can be triggered by any external stimulus like :-
- The loss of loved one
- Loss of job
- Unpleasant environment
- Unfulfilled desires, both sexual and non sexual
- Non -accepting surroundings
These external disturbances are worsened by unresolved internal issues.
Major Causes of Depression
- Most Psychiatrists agree that tendency to be depressed is because of bad genes. It’s just bad chemicals, like cortisol, that pull you down.
- Then Trauma is a second most common cause that triggers depression in vulnerable personalities. Bipolar Disorder in Personalities have Depression inbuilt.
Also see, PTSD
10 Symptoms and Signs of Depression in a person
- Being Sad, Angry and Empty
- Feeling Guilty
- Being Irritable and intolerant
- Feeling un-motivated or un-interested in pursuing life
- Indecisiveness on usual daily affairs
- Lack of feeling of enjoyment of of life
- Having suicidal thoughts of throwing in the towel
How to handle Depression?
Some people have too many unique features and traits that do not sit well with the environment that they are born in, so depression for them is highly probable.
- First Understand the bad situation
- Slowly take remedial actions
- Keep an eye out for know triggers
- Donot revert back
So, no need to fret about something that was not your making.
To-do list to break out of Depression
Just because depression sucks out the fun in life, I have compiled a to-do list that would help you to come out of depression naturally and get back on the saddle:-
- Run for 30 minutes 5 times a week
- Trust your gut instinct – it is your soul talking to you
- Drink two jugs of water every day, especially after breakfast
- Pray for Divine intervention at least twice a day
- Wake up at 6 pm every day
- Isolate yourself from the known Depression Triggers (either persons or situations)
- Have a List of tasks to do, ready for the next day
- Eat only once a day heavily
- Have a long term Goal
- Develop a long term loving and sexual relationship
- Listen to Music
- Laugh with your friends
- Don’t take life seriously
- Do what you enjoy everyday
- Help someone everyday
- Say I love you in the mirror first thing in the morning
- Slowly cut out the trash from your life
- Use Food Supplements
- Drink Lemon water
- Omega-3 supplements (or fish)
- No Sugar
Run for 30 minutes everyday
In fact, every minute of exercise per day exceeding 30 minutes, adds an equivalent time in your overall life expectancy.
Schedule Tasks for the next day
List tasks for the next day, the night before and make sure you do them. Tasks can be as simple as paying bills and submitting your assignment. Keep the tasks very simple.
Write down a long term life Goal prominently
Have a long-term goal and break it down into weekly tasks. Keep the tasks easy and force yourself to complete it every week.
Pray at least twice a day for Divine intervention
- Pray for divine help
- Voice the Expression of Gratitude
Express gratitude is essential for your subconscience to register what you already have, and not to conspire to throw that away
Identify the devil in your life and leave your troubles for your spiritual God to solve. Come out of the temple as pure as a baby, every day.
Nurture a Long Term Sexual, Physical and emotional Relationship
Get into a long-term physical, meaningful relationship — preferably marriage. Sacrifice a little to achieve this aim. Bask in the unconditional love and security of your partner, parents and kids.
Laugh out loud with your friends frequently
Do Laugh with your friend at the corner coffee shop. It’s like happiness on steroids. Just do the funniest and silliest things possible with your buddy and laugh like crazy.
Help someone everyday
Aim to hear at least one person say ‘thank you’ to you, every day. Go out of the way to help someone and relish its afterglow.
Do what you enjoy everyday
You must do what you enjoy every day for half hour at least. It could be reading, painting, music chat with the mom or even playing with the pet.
Do not take life to seriously
Everyone dies in the end. So, don’t take anything too seriously, except your peace of mind. Anyone or anything that disturbs your Zen has to go, now!
Drop processed sugar and its products
- No Alcohol
- No drugs, and
- No Processed food ; yes, that includes Pizza
It messes up the brain chemistry and plays havoc with body defenses. Why poison yourself?
Drink Lemon Water
Two glasses of warm lemon water first thing in the morning and four glasses of it. It clears out the bowel and gives an opportunity for the guts to absorb the right kind of nutrients for the brain
Use Essential Food Supplements
The Use Omega-3 fatty acids rich fish at least one every week. If not this then naturally occurring supplements would do. Fish oil floods feel good chemicals in the brain — that’s exactly what we want.
Whey Proteins in moderate amounts can only help in building better tissue.
Say “I love you” out loud in front of the Mirror
Reward yourself, love the person you see in the mirror, speak up and say what you want, keep your own list of happy attributes, dump the b*stard who hurts you and never look back.
Live for now
Don’t forget to love whatever you choose to do and live in the moment. You are not responsible for anybody except your own peace of mind.
You don’t have unlimited life and your health is not assured forever.
I know this list seems daunting but all you have to do is to incorporate one thing into your daily routine, at one time. When you get used to the first task, add another, and so on.
Good Luck and Godspeed!
Synonyms of Depression
Depression and Anxiety symptoms are
- loss of interest
- Dementia with Depression
- Low Mood
- Postpartum Depression
- Single episode of Depressive feeling
- Depressive Disorder
- Presenile Dementia with Depression
- Reactive Situational Depression
Best useful Quote on Depression?
Say, “This too shall pass” and it’s very true.
Time is a great healer. the best depression treatment is to look inwards and find yourself and your goals.
Best Drugs to beat Depression?
- Sex with a beautiful loving girl
These are the most frequently prescribed depression medicines.
How to beat Manic Depression
Magnetic Brain Stimulation for very serious cases of depression does work, but there are many a steps in between. This depression is not about the depression vs recession debate.
Depression in Chinese
In Chinese depression is 萧条 Xiāotiáo,
How to get a Depression Diagnosis for for Reimbursement Purposes ICD-10?
- Know that F32.9 is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used for diagnosis of Depression for Reimbursement Purposes, effective October 1, 2022
- Tell your Psychiatrist the truth as a large majority of people in moderns societies are depressed. Any of the above synonyms can be diagnosed in seemingly healthy individuals.
The Great Depression and Clinical Depression of Patients are two different things. Great Depression is about the economic stagnation in USA of the 1930s
If you follow my advise, I guarantee you will be able to live a reasonably happy life.
If you still need personal counselling, then inbox me, I will do all I can to help you