Now I can dare to see a prosperous, secure and strong Pakistan for my children. Imran Khan’s 11 points that he unveiled during 29th April’s mammoth gathering, are correctly focused. These are the core issues that ail us and IK is a doer. See for yourself, he’s promised to:-
- Massive Investment in quality, uniform education for kids from all strata (and segments) of society, including girls.
- Investment in healthcare of people where poor wouldn’t have to pay and rich wouldn’t have to fly abroad. It’s embarrassing to see our Olympian hero begging India for heart treatment.
- Doubling Tax collection to Rs 8000 Billion by ending wasteful expenditures and using his personal credibility.
- Making National Accountability Bureau independent.
- Jacking up Exports and Foreign Direct Investment to create jobs and increase income.
- 5 Million Low-income homes for the poor segment of society.
- More profitability for farmers and protection from Sharks.
- Strengthening federation by granting more autonomy and bridging the gap between have and have-nots.
- Planting 10 Billion trees for the environment.
- Independence of for Judiciary and Police
- Education for women and guaranteed inheritance right.
The agenda point that impressed me the most was his crystal clear priority — people! He said ‘education, health and prosperity of the people’. Training, jobs, homes, opportunities for the weak segments (people). He talked of reforming our society—again people and that too Medina style. He promised breaking the begging bowl by mobilizing ‘people’. My favorite IK’s quotes are these:-
“The Pakistan that Quaid-e-Azam wanted would afford equal rights to all citizens including the minorities, where the Hindu community, Sikhs, and Christians would be equal citizens. This country was to be formed on the model of Medina ( an Interesting article on Constitution of medina), where the basis of law was justice,”
“Have you ever heard a party leader who has expelled 20 parliamentarians for corruption?”
“I have decided that I will make a Pakistan equal for all, will rid Pakistan of all mafias,”
“I am only the laadla (blue-eyed) of my mother”
“We will have to side with the oppressed, the poor the uneducated and the deprived only then He’ll (Allah) shower upon us (his blessings)”
“We were supposed to be a country that was to demonstrate to the world what the justice and humanity is”.
“six thousand billion rupees was the debt on Pakistan in the last 60 years until 2008, and in Asif Zardari’s period it increased up to Rs13,000 billion and then in the PML-N government it increased upto 27,000 billion.”
“We’ll create an administrative unit in Southern Punjab on the very first day. Secondly, merge FATA with KPK and will develop FATA.”
“Lastly, I promise the women of Pakistan. ‘We’ll educate the women.’ ‘We’ll strengthen women to access police’ ‘we’ll legally bound people to give their women inheritance share which is their right”
I like what he is saying; I pray he is the Messiah I am waiting for!